Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Estranged Labor within Occupy Wall Street pt.2

To be removed from the final project is to be estranged from one's labor, so I guess I don't really mean there is Estranged Labor within Occupy Wall Street. I guess the reason why I said there's estranged labor within the movement is because I was thinking about how one does not have full control over what one does since one has to get it approved by the general assembly. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the vibe I got from being down there. I really wanted to form an outreach group, but there already was one and I thought they wouldn't be down with my radical ideas. I guess I'll never know since I didn't ask. I guess I take back my statement that there is estranged labor within a voluntary participatory movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment